Τρίτη 18 Σεπτεμβρίου 2007

Think about it

She was 24, he was 32, she was just a secretary, he was just her boss. She was single, he was divorced. "Already divorced?", she seemed surprised. "So young, and so handsome!!" Marilyn started laughing. "Hey, what's so funny?", she asked. "Didn't we almost have it all..." Marilyn murmured.
Sophia shared a flat with Marilyn since she moved to London, eight months that was, until she had to learn to stand on her own two feet. And it was a hard step to take. After all she never had to make it on her own, she always leaned on somebody. Living her parents was the hardest thing to do, living her country was the easiest way to go. "It's a wish coming true and there is no time like the present, you know", she said to me before she left. "Be careful what you wish for, honey", I made that thought, but kept it to myself.
In December the only thing that keeps you is Christmas. Sophia awaited, she had planned the trip of her life. One week in London. One week she would never forget. For her 24th birthday her former boss emailed Marilyn and arranged for them to meet. Marilyn was the woman whose words would change Sophia's future. "There's a job opening in my firm, I can arrange an interview if you like"..."Think about it". "But how?, I mean, I have to move, I have to resign, I have my parents, my boyfriend", "Think about it!!"

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: